Maintenance Engineer (Electrically Biased) - OTE £42k p/a
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer (Electrically Biased)
Location: Near Birmingham City Centre
Shift Pattern: 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm/10pm-6pm (2 weeks of each)
Salary: £30k basic which rises to £32k after probation period. Earning potential circa £42k with overtime.
Main Purpose of Job
Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer role, supporting a busy Plant to provide maintenance support to site in order to maintain the smooth running of the operation.
Key Performance Areas
- Health and Safety
- Vehicle/ equipment operation
- Customer/ vendor liaison
- Recording of information
Principle Tasks/ Main Duties
- Repairing and servicing machine tools mechanically or electrically. (We are seeking both mechanical maintenance specialists and electrical maintenance specialists).
- Fault diagnosis
- Programming PLC (for electrical maintenance staff )
- Reading & understanding engineering drawing.
- Organising routine servicing schedules.
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate.
- Fitting new parts.
- Carrying out quality inspections
- Keeping production managers informed of progress.
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts.
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified to a minimum HNC level (apprentice trained)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position ideally within the automotive industry or a machine tool manufacturer
- Demonstrable fault finding, diagnosis, problem solving and repair skills
- Previous experience of the motor industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Ability to work in pressurised and reactive environment
- PLC skills (ideally Fanuc, Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi)
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation.
- Writing technical reports
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- "Can-Do"/ positive/ flexible approach
Please send Guy Hancox at Pure Staff (Permanent) your up to date CV via this advert link today.