Safety and Security Assistant - London, Bethnal Green
Safety and Security Assistant
City: London, Bethnal Green
Location: You will be working at multiple properties in London, Bethnal Green, all of which are easily accessible by public transport
Hours and Rota: 38.5 hours per week. This is a night shift role with a shift pattern of 4 nights on and 4 nights off. The shifts will fall between 8pm - 8am
Salary: £10.46 per hour
(A driving licence valid for driving in the UK is essential)
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- Ideally you will have customer service and security experience
- You`ll be an approachable and fair person, confident to act in difficult situations
- You will have a driving licence valid for driving in the UK
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
What you`ll get up to as a Safety and Security Assistant
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- The first point of contact for the students, on hand to assist whenever you can
- Patrolling the sites and looking out for hazards to keep the properties secure and the students safe
- Faced with some challenging situations so quick problem-solving and a calm head are a must
- Responding to emergencies, liaising with our 24-hour emergency contact centre and the emergency services when necessary
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal recordcheck prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students.Any offer of employment will be subject to asatisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.