Do you have previous management experience within the logistics industry?
Have excellent communication and leadership skills?
We are looking for an inspirational leader to take the role of Depot/Service Centre Manager at our Birmingham Service Centre.
You will have the opportunity to join CitySprint, the UK's largest distribution network.
It's an exciting time for the business as we continue to grow and develop on our services and applications through our IT partnership with Last Mile Link Technologies.
As a Service Centre Manager, people must be at the heart of everything you do. You will have a team of experienced individuals reporting in to you, therefore the ability to drive a team to deliver outstanding results against a backdrop of a fast paced, dynamic environment is essential.
The role involves supporting and encouraging sales activity of your service centre and well as ensuring the legal, efficient and profitable running of your service centre. This will also include providing a high level of customer service at all times for your service centre.
- Effective management of your P&L, Service Level Agreements, Standard Operational Procedures and credit control process.
- Developing and maintaining a sales territory to increase both revenue and profit in line with pre-determined budgets.
- Increasing the existing customer base by direct contact with the customer via telephone and field sales appointments.
- Monitoring and updating CRM on a regular basis alongside your RBDMs.
- Maintenance of office hours, office security and confidentiality.
- Direct supervision of operational and fleet requirements.
- To ensure that subcontractors comply with the service levels defined in CitySprint's procedures and suspend the services of any Sub Contractor that fails to adhere to their legal and health and safety requirements.
- To ensure all service centre employees have a good working knowledge and understanding of their roles, including industry standard software.
- Being pro-active in the training and development of staff to enable them to fulfil their potential and ensure up to date training records are maintained.
- To undertake yearly performance reviews and manage performance effectively.
- Effective management of CitySprint's health and safety policy and procedures including regular risk assessments, accident reporting and relevant training and the recording of these.
Additional Salary Info: Pension, Medicash, Ride2Work, Childcare vouchers
Depot Manager | Service Centre Manager | Management | Logistics | Depot | Supply Chain | Planning | Leadership | Communication | Health & Safety | Sales | Customer Service
- Previous management experience within the logistics industry.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Sound client awareness and customer focus
- Sound decision making skills and ability to manage improvement plans
- Comprehensive understanding of health and safety
- Extensive experience of leading and managing operational change.
- Ability to understand and translate strategy into day-to-day delivery
- In depth knowledge of leading edge transport, logistics and planning methodologies to deliver full end-to-end processes.
- Excellent budgetary and analytical skills, with acute commercial awareness.
If you feel this is the ideal next career move for you, and you meet the outlined requirements, then don't hesitate! Submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you're the right person for the job.
We reserve the right to close this advert once sufficient applications have been submitted. We therefore encourage all candidates to apply as quickly as possible.
About Our Company:
CitySprint deliver flexible, reliable, innovative and technology led courier and logistics services. As well as being the UK's leading same day distribution network, we have a range of UK Overnight and International and specialist services, including 1-hour delivery timeslots for retail, our Healthcare offer and even in-night deliveries.
Our investment in leading-edge technology and systems is what drives us, always with the goal of improving our customers' experience with us.
At the heart of our business are our people who are committed to providing the highest standards of customer care. Who our customers choose to partner with matters and we make it our ethos to always deliver excellence in the services we provide.
To always stay on top of our game, we employ the best talent with the right expertise and knowledge to support our customers and ensure that we continue to improve and grow.