Pharmacist - £13.32 - Londonderry
The post-holder will be part of a team of pharmacists providing all aspects of a modern hospital pharmacy service.
1. Participate in the work of the dispensary, including clinical and accuracy checking of prescriptions and dispensed medicines, both within the dispensary and at ward level.
2. Review and assess inpatient and outpatient prescriptions for legality, accuracy, safety and appropriateness of drug therapy.
3. Ensure all work completed complies with Medicines Ethics and Practice, local policies and procedures, risk management and health and safety policies and protocols.
4. Communicate recommendations on drug therapy to doctors, nurses and other relevant healthcare professionals.
5. Liaise with relevant clinical pharmacists on patient care issues.
6. Dispense and supply medicines.
7. Advise patients on concordance with their medicines.
8. Receive, store and supply controlled drugs.
9. Dispense clinical trial drugs according to protocols.
10. Provide a professional and courteous service to patients, staff and other healthcare staff attending the dispensary
1. M.Pharm in Pharmacy or equivalent.
2. Membership of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland or eligible for membership
3. Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
Apply for Pharmacist - £13.32 - Londonderry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly