Live-in Housekeeper, Wrexham, North Wales
An immediate position for a live-in, full-time Housekeeper for a beautiful Georgian Estate in North Wales. Separate accommodation provided - well maintained and beautifully furnished one bedroom annexe with sitting room area, modern kitchen and bathroom.
To provide extensive housekeeping facilities to a friendly young family in a beautiful 4-acre country estate in North Wales (5 miles from Chester) and assistance to the lady of the house who has certain disabilities and the couple’s son (aged 7 years)
Daily household cleaning for a 6-bedroomed house, with gym, swimming pool, bar and games room. This must be to an exceptionally high standard.
An easy to follow cleaning plan for the house is available and must be adhered to at all times.
- Household cleaning will include, but not be limited to: dusting, vacuuming and polishing, laundry, washing and ironing clothing, sheets and blankets, washing/scrubbing tiled surfaces, dusting to include all surfaces as well as window frames, skirting boards, ornaments and pictures. Due to family allergies, an additional wet dusting and hoovering routine to certain rooms is required.
- Beds to be made every day and changed regularly.
- Clean and polish silverware, ornaments and chandeliers.
- Answer a landline and accept deliveries or take messages as required.
- Feeding and looking after the dog which is a friendly Yorkshire Terrier and feeding the cat and fish in the fish tank.
- Take the employers' son to and from school as required and any of his other outside activities. Assisting with homework as and when required.
- Leave the house to perform errands for the employer as necessary.
- Looking after the lady of the house as required, and helping to look after their son when he is off from school either on holiday or when he is taken ill.
- Looking after any guests including providing tea and coffee and preparing light snacks.
- Managing any maintenance work planned for the property. This will involve keeping a well-organized online diary and monitoring the quality and level of work being carried out.
- Any other duties reasonably requested. This could on occasion be out of hours and include anything from taking to the airport, out for a meal or accompany the family on holiday.
You must be in good health, preferably speak excellent English, have a full clean driving licence and be a non smoker.
Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm (occasional Saturdays with prior notice)