Part time flexible communications and social media specialist
Part-time, flexible opportunity for a specialist in content writing, communications and social media
Scirum Ltd is based south of Andover in Hampshire. Our mission is to support our clients and make their businesses thrive by offering flexible and cost effective outsourced services including marketing and communications, event management, website design and business planning.
It is our mission to help those with relevant skills and experience find the flexibility they need in order to balance their work and life, and to deliver the outcomes our clients are looking for through cost effective and flexible services.
Scirum Ltd specialises in providing business support for small businesses and start-ups (B2B and B2C), charities, as well as trade and industry associations.
We are looking for a creative, energetic and experienced content writer with social media marketing and communications expertise who can make a big impact for our clients. Ideally, with a background in (social media) marketing, PR or journalism, you will have a passion for writing targeted marketing content and engaging social media audiences. At the same time you have experience in writing successful Marketing and Communications plans and are able to effectively communicate and build customer relationships. Your role will be to develop and manage marketing and communications across multiple channels to promote our clients’ propositions.
Reporting to the company’s owner and director, you will be working as part of multi-functional teams but also managing your own client relationships. You will also manage the company’s social media presence, digital marketing activities and communications. We will provide all relevant training and support.
This role would be ideal for a parent returning to work on a part-time basis as we can offer a high degree of flexibility.
- Designing and implementing strategic and tactical marketing and communications plans.
- Writing compelling and dynamic content such as thought leadership, opinion pieces, press releases, newsletters, brochures, sales collateral, email marketing, editorials, website and social media content.
- Using media relations to raise the profile and reputation of our clients.
- Analysing, evaluating and reporting website and social media activity across all channels.
- Creating and maintaining a strong social media and website presence for Scirum and its clients.
- Working with and managing client relationships in a highly customer-focused environment.
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Excellent communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- Essential to have experience in building effective social networks on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google +, as well as using HootSuite.
- Understanding of social media monitoring and analytics tools, including Google Analytics.
- Useful to have some experience in WordPress, E-Newsletter systems, as well as website design and an understanding of SEO.
- Ability to work independently, be willing to learn and try anything.
- Work as an effective team member.
- Passion for online marketing and content creation.
- Creativity and ability to adapt writing style to different audiences.
- A flexible and proactive attitude to working.
- Great organisational and coordination skills.
- Good understanding of relevant online technologies and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field, such as marketing/journalism.
Location: Andover, Hampshire (if not local, we still want to hear from you)
Salary: Freelance or employed (dependent on experience)
Start date: ASAP
Please send a covering letter and CV to apply.