Cellar Porter at the Royal Albert Hall, South Kensington
We are recruiting a self-motivated Cellar Porter, who is ready for a new professional challenge at the iconic Royal Albert Hall.
Since January 2011, rhubarb have been at the Royal Albert Hall providing all food and drink at one of the world’s most iconic venues. The Royal Albert Hall operation consists of 6 dining spaces: Verdi Italian Kitchen, Coda Restaurant, Elgar Bar & Grill, Cloudy Bay Seafood Bar, Berry Brothers Wine Bar, 14 bars, 1 retail outlet, 147 hospitality boxes and offers seated dinners for up to 2000 guests on a special raised floor in the auditorium.
- As Cellar Porter your job will be to ensure beverage and bar foods are successfully supplied throughout the whole operation and assist control of stocks and cellar procedures.
- Restock and request the re-ordering of stock items required to maintain operational standards to your line manager.
- Taking deliveries from loading bay corridor up to the basement.
- Moving deliveries away into correct areas.
- Transfer stock across the entire building via trolleys including heavy lifting.
- Assist in managing the distribution of stock for events and assist with the service and clear-down of beverage for large events and corporate hospitality.
- Placing orders and inputting delivery notes using my inventory in the absence of the Beverage controller.
- You will have gained previous working experience within a retail outlet, catering or large scale hospitality.
- You are able to commit to flexible work pattern undertaking evening shifts as well as weekend work.
- You will possess a good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- You will be an excellent team player, able to communicate at all levels and commit to sharing your knowledge and skills.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate
- Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
- Food and Beverage discount across the group
- Brilliant employee recognition programs
- Meals on duty
- Pension scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance helpline
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.