Duty Manager (2 Live-in positions , single or couple)
A wonderful opportunity has arisen for 2 Live In Duty Managers to join our small team at Llandudno Hostel, one of these positions will have simple catering responsibilities, the other employee focuses maintaining front of house standards and providing excellent customer service. Located in the beautiful and vibrant seaside shopping town of Llandudno on the North Wales coast, the location is spectacular, great for outdoor enthusiasts and those that like the buzz of town life. Llandudno Hostel has 46 beds (spread over 10 letting rooms) with accessibility to all the wonderful activities this area has to offer.
As the Duty Manager you will be responsible for the daily running of the Hostel working within a small team by:
- Reception and customer service duties: checking-in and welcoming guests
- Updating online booking sites such as free to book, emailing customers and answering telephone enquiries
- Reporting maintenance issues to authorised repairers to ensure Hostel is kept to a high standard at all times.
- Checking fire alarm, emergency lights weekly and evacuating building in the unlikely case of the fire alarm sounding
- Housekeeping and cleaning: preparing rooms, cleaning showers, toilets and sinks.
- Food preparation: one duty manager will be responsible for ordering food and preparing and serving a range of easy to prepare meals for groups (mainly primary school) and cooked breakfasts, all other duty managers also assist with serving food, loading dishwashers, setting out continental breakfast and ensuring smooth replenishment of food/beverages. Full Training given.
- Laundry tasks washing, hanging out washing, roller ironing and carry crates upstairs to put away
- Evening and weekend work will be required, rota is often split shift basis and require flexibility to meet Hostel business needs
- Ensuring excellent customer service is maintained at all times, currently 92% customer service score on Hostelworld
- Achieving 5 Star standards of cleanliness and food hygiene level 2 or higher
- Managing, developing and motivating part time housekeeping staff and maintaining good communication within the team
- Establishing and maintaining great working relationships with our current clients.
- Seek areas to improve in the overall products and service within the Hostel
- Positively respond to customer feedback and maintain our fantastic customer service combined Hostel review score (9.1).
- Ensure that maintenance of the building is kept to highest possible standard
- In order to be a great Duty Manager we are looking for people who can demonstrate previous experience within the hospitality/hotel industry or customer service industry but applicants with no experience will still be considered as full training will be given
- We are looking for self-motivated, positive, energetic candidates who are committed to the role and work well in a team or on their own.
This role can be physically demanding, you will be required to change bunk beds and clean guest accommodation to a high standard, carry washing and food crates and work on your feet for extended periods.
We expect you to put the customer at the heart of everything you do, so enjoying serving and talking to guests is important in this role.
Please note that this position requires you to work frequent evenings and weekends on a rota basis to meet the needs of the business. During peak summer period no annual leave is normally permitted.
You will have accommodation provided in exchange for night porter duties on a rota basis (answering telephone out of hours, evacuating building if fire alarm sounds, dealing with any guest emergencies which may occasionally disturb your sleep, these duties are normally 3 nights a week but are as business needs require)
We are committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all employees to share this commitment. The role will be subject to DBS check. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. You must be able to produce evidence of your Right to Work in the UK.
We have a close working relationship with Llandrillo college and encourage our staff to participate in on the job training towards completing an NVQ in hospitality management. On the job support and training will be provided to successful candidates.
We are a fabulous, fun and hard working team who enjoy a positive, considerate work environment. We are a small dynamic family business (the family do not live on site), and as such the role contains varied responsibilities. We offer discount vouchers available for staff to purchase for a host of places, including the local cinema. We are situated in a quiet street in the heart of the town centre and are approximately 5 minute walk to the beach. Llandudno Hostel boasts fantastic customer service scores across multiple channels. The standard of the accommodation is very high (check out www.llandudnohostel.co.uk for photos of the premises). Llandudno Hostel specialises in Primary School trips Monday to Friday during the summer and Autumn term, it is essential the candidates are friendly towards small children and their noise!
Contract period is for a fixed term, various start dates available from end of February to 5th November 2018. There is a possibility of this becoming a permanent position.