Inverness Hostel Manager
Ref.No : INVR00218
Position: Inverness Hostel Manager
Location: Inverness Youth Hostel, Victoria Drive, Inverness, IV2 3QB.
Accommodation: Available (Please note small weekly charge will apply)
Hours per week: 40 hours per week.
Salary: Competitive with benefits
We are looking for an experienced manager to join us at our Inverness Youth Hostel, which is one of our flagship youth hostels within the Hostelling Scotland network.
You'll lead a motivated, multi-skilled team in being the best they can be. From recruitment to welcoming them on board, supporting their training and encouraging their development, you'll empower your team to build success, share ideas and lead the way in helping our guests feel welcome.
Main responsibility of this post:
With industry experience, you'll know the marketplace and use this knowledge to guide business development and performance – we're relying on you to have a hands-on approach and be a role model for the Hostelling Scotland brand.
Along with broad industry experience that includes working on reception, in the kitchen and housekeeping, you'll know about financial and revenue management, as well as health and safety compliance. Most importantly, you're an accomplished people manager who champions individuals and teamwork, understands the importance of communications and can motivate all to embrace change. An inspirational team leader, you'll lead by example, not just driving your team but motivating them to achieve more – even when under pressure.
Suitable candidates will:
- Have prior experience of managing a diverse team to deliver a range of KPI’s within a hospitality environment.
- Be proactive, also have an eye for detail, and bring fresh insight to developing the team and the business.
- Be self-motivated and have resilience, strategic thinking, high energy, outstanding guest service skills, and engaging leadership skills
- Have good understanding of Health and Safety at work, maintenance, catering experience and IT literacy.
If you believe you are ready to deliver on the above whilst taking your career to the next level and wish to showcase your management skills, please apply as we would love to hear from you!
- On occasion, the role involves travel and overnight accommodation to other youth hostels, some in remote locations; accordingly the post holder will have a full driving licence.
- Due to the nature of the role, the post holder is required to work weekends as well as undertaking evening or night shifts as and when required.
- A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
To obtain job description and application form, please visit www.syha.org.uk. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements please forward your application form with covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tamie McGregor, HR Manager, c/o SYHA Hostelling Scotland, National Office, 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling, FK8 2JA.
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity
SYHA Hostelling Scotland (also known as SYHA) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA