Job Title : Activities Coordinator
Contract : Part time ( 18 hours / week )
Location : Wisteria Lodge, Horndean, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO8 0BU
Wages : £8.20 / hour
Contact : Jane Sims (Registered Manager)
Wisteria Lodge is a family owned happy Care Home with Nursing for the discerning elderly and mentally frail over the age of 55 located in Horndean near Waterlooville, Hampshire. We are an Investors in People Company and place training as top priority for all of our staff to ensure we meet our commitment to provide outstanding care and nursing care.
We are also working towards GOLD STANDARD FRAMEWORK in end of life care.
Please apply online with an updated CV & a member of the recruitment team will be in touch with you.
To plan and implement activities appropriate to Clients’ needs and requests.
To organise social and recreational events, both in and outside of the home, to consulting with our residents to identify their social and recreational interests according to their likes, dislikes and abilities
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events / activities for Clients in all Client categories
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Team player
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Friendly, creative and confident
• Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group
• Previous experience of working with the relevant Client group
• Flexible approach towards working routines
- Help Clients to socialise within the Home, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- As an Activities Co-ordinator your focus will be on making our home an interesting and stimulating place to live, and our residents’ lives fulfilling.
- Plan and initiate weekly/monthly rolling / individual programme, and encourage Clients to maintain their hobbies
- Write Care Plan on Clients Social Activities / their Likes & Dislikes and ensure it gets updated monthly or when needs changing.
- Write ‘This is me’ document for each service user and ensure it gets updated monthly or when needs changing.
- Organise Special Events (X- MAS Party / Halloween Party / Summer Fayre etc) for residents/staff and invite families/ friends/staff and encourage them to attend.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the Care activities.
- Accompany Clients, where possible, to off-site activities, Hospital Appointments, which may occasionally take place out with normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Clients within the Care Centre.
- Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and assist the Named Carer to review and update Client Care Files.
- Arrange residents meeting (4 – 6 times a year)
- Assisting with fund raising and budgeting for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Maintaining full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and review and update Client Care Files
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
For any further details about the home, please contact us directly.