Tate Catering’s aim is to be the market-leading caterer within the arts and to consistently provide outstanding food, drink and service at the four Tate sites and the other sites within our business.
We are looking for experienced Baristas to join our team at Tate Modern. This contract is offered on a 6-month fixed term contract for the duration of the Picasso exhibition (until 10th September 2018) on a minimum of 24 hours per week basis (over a 5-day per week period), with the possibility to be offered up to full-time hours as the business requires.
To be a successful candidate you will be a positive team player and have a welcoming personality. You will have experience in a customer facing role and you will be pro-active with the ability to work on your own initiative without relying on instruction.
You’ll enjoy working in a busy environment and have a passion to provide outstanding coffees and teas as well as our amazing selection of craft beers and carefully selected wines whilst providing our visitors with excellent service.
Excellent coffee is very important at Tate, that's why we decided to roast our own.
If successful you will be serving our seasonal Espresso Blend sourced and carefully roasted by Tate’s resident Q-grader and Head of Coffee on La Marzocco Linea Classic or Mod Bar espresso machines along with Victoria Arduino Mythos Clima Pro / Mahlkonig K30 on demand grinders. Our Single Origin Filter Coffee is prepared on Marco Filter stations and our exceptional Jing Loose Leaf Tea is prepared using Marco Under counter boiler’s and Uber fonts so you’ll have the all the right equipment to thrive.
We are looking for reliable, resilient, positive and proactive people who can demonstrate:
• Ability to work at pace with great coffee-making skills
• Ability to consistently steam milk to correct temperature with microfoam texture and ideally finish off with latte art
• Ability to keep a clean station, be involved in all cleaning, checklists and take pride in performing their duties
• That they thrive in a busy catering environment
• Genuine passion for food and drink
• A proven ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively converse with a diverse client base
• That they’re happy to work on their feet for up to 10 hours (with breaks)
• That they’re flexible and adaptable, performing a large variety of tasks to a high standard and responding to changing business needs
• That they are strong team players
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
We offer great benefits, including paid holiday, pension plan, staff training, staff meal allowance, performance and service awards, great discounts in our shops and catering outlets, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for you, your friends and family.
Interviews and Trial Shifts are scheduled for week commencing 25th February 2018.