Assistant Quantity Surveyor
My Client, a regional housing developer, has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their successful team on a permanent basis within the Essex area
The company have a proven track record in delivering the highest quality homes
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be working on a large scale new build residential scheme, for one of the UK's top house builders. The successful applicant shall be reporting directly into the senior surveyor and shall share the responsibility for ensuring the quality and cost control of the development
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor for this role will come ideally from a residential background, and be looking for future progression within the company. The company runs a training programme to ensure each member of staff are supported whilst developing their career within the company.
The Assistant QS will be expected to build relationships at all levels both internally and with suppliers alike. This is a great opportunity for someone to build on their academic or practical QS knowledge and progress their career within a market leading company.
- Produce accurate monthly commercial operating reports
- Management of supply change in accordance with the company procedures.
- Vetting of client orders
- Ensure compliance with company auditing and accounting procedures
- Manage measurement and valuation of works undertaken
- Submit application for payment & ensure that payment is received within agreed timescales
- Some knowledge of the preparation of monthly valuations and financial accounts & invoicing customers.
- Knowledge of how to maximise returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures
- Knowledge of recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of contracts.
- Securing payments from customers
- Ideally knowledge developed in a subcontracting environment