Business Manager – Operations
Business Manager with operational and team management experience required for a well-established and successful Company based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
BASIC SALARY: up to £30,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)
BONUS PAYMENTS: Company Bonus Scheme
BENEFITS PACKAGE: 26 Days Holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays, Free City Centre Car Park Season Ticket 24x7, Pension Scheme (includes Life Assurance). Plus the opportunity to join a well-established, innovative well-established and successful Company
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week, 0830 – 1730 hrs (five out of seven day working pattern)
PLEASE NOTE: A Driving Licence is essential
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Business Manager with operational and team management experience.
Working as the Business Manager your duties will be varied from managing multiple sites within the Leeds region, general HR operational tasks such as, holiday rotas, recruitment, performance management etc. In addition to supervising and motivating staff, health safety and supporting the Head of Operations.
Successful candidates working as the Business Manager should be extremely customer focussed with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple sites. Candidates with previous experience working as an Operations Manager will also be considered.
If this job looks ideal then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review, as the Company are looking to hold interviews very shortly.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Business Manager include:
- P&L responsibility for assigned parking facilities
- Working closely with the Head of Operations and Commercial Manager to maximise the financial performance of assigned parking facilities
- Be responsible for day to day relationships with key stakeholders and local partnerships who are key to driving revenue for assigned parking facilities
- Overall responsibility for managing addressable costs for your car parks (i.e. all costs excluding rent and rates)
- Day to day operational HR issues including, but not limited to: holiday rotas; monthly timesheets; recruitment; performance management and management of overtime
- Ensure a consistent approach to absence management, taking a proactive approach to reduce absence rates, and to identify and raise any potential issues/concerns with the Head of Operations with the minimum of delay
- Deploy available resources efficiently to meet the demands within the operation in order to meet, or exceed customer service and financial performance objectives within agreed budgets and timescales
- Support the Head of Operations to implement operational initiatives across all Leeds sites in line with Company targets and best practice
- Ensure all Company policies and employee communications are effectively conveyed to shift personnel and deal with issues raised, and where appropriate, refer concerns and suggestions to the Head of Operations
- Supervise, support and motivate staff, assist in the identification of training needs; undertake development activities to achieve the required standards of performance and to contribute to the continuous improvement process within the business
- Undertake performance reviews of all staff within designated patch as required
- Be the primary contact in the first instance in the event of customer dissatisfaction, ensuring steps are taken to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure all equipment is fully functional, taking corrective action where required
- Implement all policies and procedures designed to ensure the safety of employees, customers and visitors to the site and the security of their vehicles and possessions
- Conduct Health and Safety Checks on an ad-hoc basis, reporting and action issues arising within Company timelines
- Supporting change management processes/innovations within a changing customer and business environment
- Manage local support partners such as security, cleaning and FM providers to ensure consistent and timely contractual service delivery
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous multi-site operational management experience will be highly desirable
- Previous supervisory / management experience preferably within a service organisation
- Proven people management skills
- Previous financial management experience (specifically the ability to review profit and loss accounts)
- Have an ability to organise and motivate staff, so a high level of customer service is provided at all times
- Experience of successfully implementing change initiatives
- A common sense, practical and can do approach
- Customer focused attitude, continually seeking to make improvements
- Proactive with the ability to prioritise and multi task
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Due to the nature of this role a full UK Driving licence is essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3966
Full-Time, Permanent Management Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Leeds, West Yorkshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency