Crèche Assistant at Tinies IKEA Reading - Bank Staff (Weekends)
Are you looking for a new challenge that combines childcare with flexible hours?
Are you creative when it comes to engaging children in a variety of activities?
Are you currently undertaking a level 2 childcare qualification or higher? Or have experience working with children 3-10?
If so, Tinies Childcare has the perfect opportunity for you. As the operators of the Crèche inside IKEA Reading, we are looking for flexible and enthusiastic candidates to join the crèche team when they need extra help. Specially during the weekends.
What we need:
- A candidate who is able to work a flexible rota, including weekends - when the team needs help as this is a zero hours contract.
- A candidate who is able to demonstrate an awareness of child safety
- Childcare qualification is an advantage but may not be necessary if currently undertaking at least a level 2 or if candidate has prior demonstrable experience within a related field.
What we'd like to see:
- A candidate who can work with the team to devise and deliver suitable activities for all children aged 3-1
- A candidate who knows how to speak to people, regardless of their age, and communicate effectively on their level, both orally and through written communication
- A candidate who is a good team player
- A candidate who can demonstrate initiative
- A candidate who is able to live our values and act as a brand ambassador
- A candidate who has experience working in a crèche or nursery environment
- A candidate who is comfortable leaving the setting to promote and support children's activities in store during holiday period's.
The IKEA Reading Crèche is open 7 days a week and provides a quality first class childcare service for children, whilst customers shop in the store. The purpose of the role is to cover extra shifts when required or to cover staff holidays. You will be expected to work some weekends if required.
To apply, please click 'Apply Now'. If you have not registered previously you will be asked to do so before submitting your application. This takes just 2 minutes.
Applicants will need to show they have the right to work in the United Kingdom and the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check and referencing checks.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful candidates.