Service Engineer - Braintree, Essex
Braintree, Essex CM7 4DF
Reports To: Works Manager
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To carryout Commercial servicing, repairs and breakdowns including Electrical diagnostics/fault finding on all types of water systems.
KEY OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES
* Carrying out servicing & repairs to Residential/Commercial sewage treatment plants, rainwater harvesting, grease systems and pumping stations to manufacturer and OHEL procedure manual standards on time and to budget.
* Carrying out electric diagnostics and fault finding to supply first time fix.
* Investigate and repair where applicable warranty issues.
* Carrying out daily and weekly vehicle checks as specified by the Service Manager.
* Ensuring that customers receive the highest levels of customer service at all times.
* Fulfill company vehicle and plant repairs
* Being part of the OHEL emergency call out Rota.
* Complying with all health and safety requirements on site as detailed by the Site Manager or our clients.
DAILY AND WEEKLY CHECKS AND REPORTS
* Attend Residential/commercial breakdowns to STP/Pump stations/Grease shield and rain water harvesters
* Raise reports to operations for repair works that need to be quoted to the customer
* Carry out CCTV/Jetting as part of a two man team
* Fault diagnose for electrical problems
* Fault diagnose for mechanical problems as well as providing technical support to colleagues and customers
* Carry out Works/fault diagnose on OHEL vehicles/plant as requested
* Assist the installation team with electrical installations Eg. Control panels, commissioning etc. single phase
* Vehicle Checks
* Carry out emergency phone calls as part of the on call rota
* Installation of Grease shields as required
* Ensure stock sheets are filled out correctly and accurate
* Take samples as instructed from Residential/Commercial STP and liaise with the EA and customer on behalf of OHEL.
* Assist operations in arriving at the best solution for the customer
* Assist in sourcing bespoke parts needed for repairs/remedial works
* Carry out site visits to assist Sales/operations in arriving at the best solution for the customer with accurate technical information.
* Represent the company at exhibitions including large and small county shows
* Plan, build and carry out conversions to all types of STP, Pump stations, RBC’s etc.