Badger & Co
Welcome to Badger & Co, we’re glad to see you! After an epic transition we’re pleased to have set up home here on Castle Street in the former home of Kenneth Grahame, the author of Wind in the Willows, to embark on an adventure into the pleasures of food, drink and all things fun! With a menu inspired by local and seasonal produce, an exclusive private dining room where you can feast on beasts and a trip to our outdoor riverbank area there is so much to be discovered at Badger & Co…
Badger & Co is part of the ever-growing Signature Pub Group which is one of Scotland's leading small bar, restaurant and hotel businesses within the hospitality industry. Based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews and Stirling each of our venues have their own style and character but the ethos throughout our company is to provide a quality food & drink offering in comfortable surroundings delivered by excellent customer service.
Classic, Crafty & Culinary adventures beyond the Wild Wood…
Badger & Co is looking for a Head Chef to join our successful team. This is a challenging role and will suit someone with a background in gastro pub dining at Head Chef level or as Senior Sous Chef looking for the next step. Badger & Co specialises in bold flavors and fresh local ingredients, serving food from breakfast through to evening meals.
Key attributes required:
· Have a strong passion for cooking and have a keen interest in using local/fresh produce
· Have a can-do attitude, hands on approach in managing the kitchen team and work well under pressure
· Work well with others and have great communication skills
· Must possess good business sense in order to produce cost effective menus
· The ability to train and inspire all members of the team
· Must have great organisational skills and the ability to multitask
· Adhere to Food Hygiene procedures as set out by HACCP guidelines.
· Strong organisational skills in order to keep up with all relevant paperwork; Cleaning Schedules, Stock Control, Waste Control, Pest Control, Maintenance, Personal Hygiene, Cross Contamination, Probe Calibration and Individual Training Records.
And what do you get from us?
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience as well as staff discount, 28 days paid holidays, access to our amazing benefit program and more.
If this sounds like you, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter detailing why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.