Teaching assistant needed for an SEMH School
***Teaching Assistant ***
*** Pupil Referral Unit***
***West Drayton, Hillingdon***
This SEN school looking to recruit a teaching assistant who are based in North West London. You will be working alongside the teacher and other teaching assistants on a one to one level and in groups. You will be supporting children in either primary or secondary age range who have complex social emotional and mental health needs. These children have be either excluded from mainstream schools or this school has suited their complex needs.
You will be expected to work in a challenging but rewarding environment. Your responsibilities will consist of managing behaviour, recording progress of individual children and encourage their learning. The school is well resourced with many facilities to support their children's needs by using drama, music and Lego therapy; which is an exciting incentive for the children. The school also has ideal bus route links.
Key skills & experience:
- SEN experience is essential, preferably with young children
- Previous support work, youth work or other child related work.
- High levels of professionalism
- Have an enthusiastic and creative approach to learning.
If you are enthusiastic about working with children and have the ability to work in an exciting environment please send your CV to Tiv Suntharesan at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
***Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay***
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'