We are seeking a member of staff to work night shift 24/36 HOURS PER WEEK (2/3 NIGHTS)in our home working alongside another team member.
We are also seeking another staff member to work days 24/36 hours per week.
Experience is not essential although preferred but if you are willing to learn we provide excellent training.
JOB PURPOSE: To assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. To ensure Clients retain their dignity and individuality. To be involved in the general activities of the Home
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Team player
* Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
* Satisfactory Police Check and check against the POVA (where applicable)
* Relevant Vocational Qualification (achieved / working towards)
* Experience of working with the relevant Client group IS IDEAL
1. Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Clients, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
After being properly supervised and trained be able to offer safely clients medication in accordance with their MAR SHEET.
2. Assist Clients in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring Clients retain their comfort and dignity.
3. Pay particular attention to assisting Clients who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
4. Closely monitor Clients who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems.
5. Assist in the promotion of continence.
6. Assist in the delivery of care for Clients who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
7. Observe care planning needs for Clients and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
8. Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Clients and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Home.
9. Answer Nurse call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
10. Under the supervision and guidance of senior Care Staff, report on the well-being of Clients.
11. Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
12. Make Visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
13. Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Home’s disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Home’s resources are used
14. Clean and maintain equipment used by Clients / Relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensure the Home is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
15. If applicable, care for Clients’ clothing and rooms as named, and ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
16. Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
17. Assist Clients who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc). Assist with serving of food / drinks as requested / required. Wash up as
requested / required.
18. Escort Clients travelling to and from the Home e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc.
19. Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Clients' personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Clients.
20. Participate in Staff and Client meetings as and when required.
Training & Development:
21. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
22. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
23. Participate in relevant NVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
Health & Safety:
24. Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
25. Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
26. Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture