At TLC Care our focus is quality and enrichment of life. The design of the home and its entire operation are dedicated to that cause.
Our approach to specialised nursing and care is, we believe, second to none, with highly-trained carers and nurses on hand 24 hours a day to provide assistance to meet the needs and wishes of each individual resident.
We are looking for a Activities Coordinator. The role will be pivotal in providing recreation, engagement, participation and a sense of purpose, all through enjoyable meaningful activities for our residents.
In this role you will support residents to express their individual interests, spiritual requirements, wishes and requests and respond appropriately to these choices and facilitate their realisation where possible. You will provide a suitable planned timetable of activities for all of our residents and encourage and support residents to access this.
You will be ideally experienced in working with older people, you will need to be capable, organised and have an engaging personality to enable you to provide the positive input required for this rewarding and challenging role. Your main duties will include:
- Development and implementation of Activities Programmes that provide mental, physical, social stimulation as well as addressing the spiritual and cultural needs of our residents.
- Researching new ideas and current good practice relating to activities for older people.
- Work closely with the Care Home Management team to plan and deliver special events.
- Promotion of social, physical and spiritual activity
- Contribution to the development and review of care plans
- Contributing to the mealtime experience and providing sociable mealtime activity.
- Keeping appropriate records of activities and assessment forms
- Keeping up to date with mandatory training and Health and Safety requirements for the role.
- Co-ordinating with clubs and outside providers of activities and events
In return we offer:
- A supportive working environment
- Competitive rate of pay
- Discounts at approx. 2000 high street and online retailers (including supermarkets)
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised healthcare cash-plans
- Childcare vouchers
- Auto enrollment pension scheme
- free meals
- Excellent training & development opportunities within a growing organisation
Ideally having worked previously in a similar role, you will have experience of supporting and organising the schedule of programmes of events or activities and have great organisation skills, listening skills, good written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills. We require a basic knowledge of competence in core Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The position is likely to be of interest to applicants with an occupational therapy background.
- Neat appearance
- Attention to detail
- Work on own initiative