We are a growing London sightseeing company who operates open-top bus tours that introduce our capital city to thousands of visitors daily. We are looking to recruit 2 engineers who are looking for a new challenge and to grow with our exciting business and expanding team. This is an ideal opportunity for engineers looking for career-development & fulfilment. Working from our new depot, you will help us maintain our fleet of eye-catching tour buses.
- Inspecting and maintaining buses to specified standards
- Diagnosing faults efficiently including road testing of vehicles
- Undertaking efficient and effective mechanical, electrical and body repairs and road testing on completion, ensuring standards are met
- Completing all relevant documentation to a high standard
- Communicating and working effectively with a team and providing support to colleagues
- Flexibility Ensuring Health & Safety standards are met
- Report daily to the engineering manager
- Attend to vehicles at the road side and repair where possible
Experience and skills:
You will already be experienced within motor vehicle engineering. An NVQ level 2 or equivalent in mechanics, or relevant experience working in HGV / PCV mechanical work and can demonstrate suitable expertise at the required level. Electrical knowledge is an advantage but not essential.
You will possess excellent diagnostic skills and be a good communicator. Familiarity of the DVSA requirements would be desirable. A full UK driving licence is essential and a PCV licence is advantageous.
Hours of work:
We currently have two roles: shift basis working 4 on, 4 off 06:30 to 18:30
Starting rate is £34,000 a year dependant on experience plus Bonus scheme. Paid on the last working day of the month. These figures exclude overtime.