As the General Manager, you are responsible for the smooth running, revenue growth, guest satisfaction and well-being of all employees in the business. With room for much more development in the pipeline you’re someone who has great ideas, a cool head, a fun and approachable personality and a desire to build and maintain a great hotel and restaurant.
If you've been a GM before then you'll know that the role is always varied and continually evolving but overall the kind of things you can expect to be in charge of and develop are:
- Ensuring the Artist Residence hospitality ethos of being fun and friendly places to eat, sleep and drink is upheld by all your team members, all the time. Can you put a smile on people's faces?
- Recruitment, rota cost/production and people management.
- Overall revenue development and cost control. Improving GP through P&L management and training.
- Monitoring and replying to all reviews and guest feedback.
- Running the hotel alongside the hotel duty managers, the housekeepers and the whole of the building's maintenance.
- Developing the service and F&B alongside the kitchen and front of house managers.
- Reporting to the operations team including reservation & marketing and developing strategy for further growth.
- Being the person on site who can step in to all roles if necessary thus solidifying their position as business leader.
- Being up to date with HACCP training records including your own.
- Manage their own time to ensure all weekly and monthly role specifications are met.
- Being the face of the business and leading your team by example.
The General Manager will form part of a team of dedicated hospitality specialists that all share the same vision of relaxed and professional service as a means of executing true hospitality.