Full Time Pastry Chef de Partie
Dakota Deluxe Leeds are seeking a skilled and experienced professional to join our kitchen team as Pastry Chef de Partie.
As Trip Advisor's number 1 hotel in Leeds, we are centrally located just a 5min walk from the train station on Greek Street.
Our 84-bedroom luxury hotel features two cocktail Bars and a destination Grill with a private dining space for 16.
CONTRACT & PAY RATE
This is a permanent, full-time position carrying a minimum of 40 hours per week, with a pay rate of £8.50 - £9.50 per hour depending on experience.
Dakota is a lifestyle brand developed for the independent thinking, discerning traveller. We attract individuals who are passionate about service and like to do the simple things brilliantly. We currently have 3 hotels in Scotland, with our newest hotel in Leeds having opened in April 2017.
The heart and soul of our Hotels are the award-winning Bar & Grill. Our Grill delivers a brasserie-style service, with a classic menu, known for its spectacular steaks. Our Bars are known for their extensive cocktail lists of classic cocktails and in-house originals, as well as a wide selection of premium and super-premium spirits alongside a sumptuous Tasters food menu.
- To manage the pastry section in our busy kitchen; prepare, cook, and present all food to the Dakota standard.
- Managing stock control and suggest purchases for the pastry section.
- Be committed to working wholeheartedly as part of the team, effectively communicating with all members of the kitchen and front of house team.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation, and ensure your section complies at all times.
- Display a comprehensive understanding of kitchen equipment and drive the importance of maintaining standards of cleanliness throughout all areas of the kitchen.
• At least 3 years experience in pastry within a professional kitchen in a similar quality environment.
• A personal passion for food and aspirations to contribute to menu development.
• You are expected to look immaculate with pristine uniforming and personal presentation.
• Team members on full-time contracts must be able to work any 5 days out of 7.
• Food Hygiene certification to level 3 is favourable.
HOW TO APPLY
If your aspirations are not merely to take the next step on the career ladder, but to develop within a company who value their guests and their people then there is only one place for you. You’ll love Dakota.
For more information, please:
• see our website for our current menus
• like our Facebook pages
• follow us on Instagram @dakotahotelsuk
We welcome applicants to discuss the shift times and days of work suitable to their other commitments. Please email us your cover letter and CV to apply, and with any questions you may have.