Learning support Assistant
Teaching assistant - secondary school
Veritas are working with a mainstream secondary school based in Ealing. The school are looking for a teaching assistant to join their SEN department asap. The candidate will have a split role that will involve working 1:1 with an autistic student as well as general classroom assistance.
The ideal candidate must have experience working with SEN students and have knowledge of KS3-KS4 curriculum. The role will involve supporting student's behaviour, raising attainment, improving social skills and liaising with senior management.
This school is located close to a mainline train station and various local bus routes, access to a car would be advantageous. There is parking on site.
Key skills needed:
- SEN experience/ working within a school or other child related experience
- behaviour management
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'