We are looking for a trainer to deliver work-based training to adults with learning disabilities and autism. We aim is to help these individuals to play a greater part in the community through work experience in our workshop and other activities.
You will work closely with the staff Team to manage and support trainees to produce commercial work to the required quality and timescale and maintain a friendly environment in which people with disabilities can develop their skills.
- Organise customer work into activities suitable for individual trainees to complete which produces an efficient, high quality service.
- Actively support trainees to learn how to complete jobs in the workshop and model behaviour expected in the workplace.
- Tailor training activity to suit commercial work required in the workshop including working to deadline, quality checking, and job sheet recording.
- Support learning in the group and develop peer-led mentoring.
- Support trainees to develop independence.
- Develop trainee support plans and support the Training Services Manager to complete reviews.
- Record and evidence training in line with training procedures.
- Work with Training Services Manager to plan group training sessions.
- Keep accurate training records as directed by the line manager.
Full time 37.5 hours per week 9-5
If you are interested in supporting people to reach their true potential in this way then please call Susan Taylor on 0113 3236000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.