Bedales of Borough Market is looking for a Kitchen Manager.
Bedales prides itself on in its commitment to quality and fresh seasonal produce inspired by our namesake location and London’s most famous food market, Borough Market. Bedales of Borough serves small seasonal plates, with ingredients sourced directly from the market alongside an accomplished and rotating in-house charcuterie programme to pair with our extensive wine list. Bespoke feasts and private parties.
The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness and working with the group Exec Chef in menu development. Salary is competitive & commensurate with experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and quality control
- Ensuring that all foods and products are consistently prepared and served according to Bedales recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Keeping consistency with all menu items
- Delivering a consistent lunch set menu including meat, veg, fish, and dessert that maintains a good margin and delivers value to customers
- Ensuring daily/weekly cleaning is completed and signed off
- Checking to make sure guidelines are followed by all kitchen staff
- Ensuring EHO guidelines are followed
- Checking to make sure the daily diary kitchen records are kept up to date and completed
- Control food cost and usage by following proper portioning, product storage procedures, recipes standards and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Perform monthly stock take
- Working on the line with the team
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and consistent cleaning schedules.
- Oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, walls, dishwasher, and other equipment and food storage areas.
Apply for Kitchen Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly