Part Time Qualified Dental Nurse
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Dental & Wellbeing has a position available for a part time dental nurse. The position is for 4 days per week. We would also consider the possibility to job share for 2 dental nurses working 2 days each.
Dental Nurse - Part time.
We have an opportunity for a qualified GDC registered dental nurse to join our team at Life Dental & Wellbeing. The position is 4 days per week, we would consider recruiting 2 nurses working 2 days per week. Experience of Exact is desirable, but not essential.
Salary dependent on experience plus annual bonus.
Paid birthday leave
Paid CPD training plus annual GDC Registration fee.
Job Role - Dental Nurse
To work alongside the clinicians and team to ensure a smooth and efficient delivery of dental care to patients (both clinical and non-clinical), providing assistance to the clinicians/hygienists/practice manager & clinical manager.
- Assist the dentist/hygienist in all clinical procedures, providing chairside assistance. To include:
- Prepare instrument trays for procedures.
- Process and store radiographs according to practice policy.
- At the end of the surgical day, ensure the surgery management is adhered to in line with practice procedures and policies.
- Maintain impeccable standards of hygiene and cross infection control, according to the latest guidelines and following practice procedures and policies.
- Ensure that all the relevant paperwork is completed promptly and accurately and that all client records are updated and maintained, according to practice procedures both personally and across all the nursing team.
- Provide excellent proactive (non-clinical) customer care to all clients. To include:
- Building trust and caring relationships with all patients, and all reasonable steps to ensure their comfort and retain them as a patient. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinating (as required) with the laboratory on timely dispatch and receipt of work.
- Ensure a smooth running of the central sterilisation room, completing the jobs list located on the wall in the HTM room, completing audits, cleaning instruments according to the current HTM guidelines.
- Ensuring which ever room you are working in each day us fully stocked and organized.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness/tidiness we require you to do some light cleaning duties as needed in the practice.
- Keep CPD up to date.
Skills & Attitudes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal (including a positive and friendly phone manner) and written.
- Excellent listening skills and a calm, empathetic approach to patients.
- Dedicated to providing a first class customer service experience.
- Build trust and rapport with a wide range of people, and communicate well with your team.
- Good organisational skills, with close attention to detail and excellent follow up ability on all tasks.
- Good technical skills and knowledge.
- Ability to bring energy and enthusiasm to any situation and always act with honesty and integrity.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, with the desire to learn new skills and take on new challenges, show initiative.
- Prepare to work according to the practice systems and brand standards.
- A professional and smart appearance, wearing hair in a smart bun with no loose hair or wispy bits. Uniform to be ironed.
Job Type: Part-time