Activities Coordinator - Care Home with Nursing - Health Care Scheme - Company Sick Pay - Benefits - Family Run Company - Flexible
Home : Herons Park Nursing Home, Kidderminster
Hourly Rate : £8.05 (£9.05 Weekend Rate)
Company Overview All of our Royal Bay Care Homes are proud of their warm atmosphere and dedicated, friendly teams. As part of our superior employment package, Royal Bay also provide Westfield Health care scheme, an exceptional Company Sick Pay policy as well as additional annual benefits such discount cards or vouchers.
- Previous experience preferable but not necessarily required.
- If you feel like you are a dedicated, compassionate and caring person, working in the care industry might be for you.
- Royal Bay Care Homes are enthusiastic about helping people learn on the job and achieving qualifications, encouraging all new employees through relevant training as soon as they can.
- We offer full induction and training
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- competitive hourly rate plus enhancements,
- 'Auto-Enrolment Work Place Pension' scheme and a uniform is provided.
- This post is subject to DBS & POVA clearance (cost will be met by employer).
Herons Park Nursing Home, set in the quiet parkland of Spennels Wood, but still only 5 minutes from Kidderminster town centre, has been operated by the current providers since 1999. Herons Park became a nursing home in 1990 when a residential property was extended, adding a number of purpose built ensuite rooms. Acquired by Royal Bay Care Homes in 2005, the home later went through another large transformation and refurbishment when the original house was knocked down becoming our dedicated dementia unit, completed 2011.
The dementia unit was designed and developed in consultation with the Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC) based at the University of Stirling. The DSDC draw on research and practice, from across the world, to provide a comprehensive, up-to-date resource on all aspects of dementia. Later in 2012, our dementia unit was awarded Gold accreditation from the DSDC for adhering to a number of best practices for dementia care.
With an oustanding reputation for care in the local community, Herons Park Nursing Home is run by the Registered Manager Alison Morgan-Iqbal, Head of Nursing Pam Mills, Head of Dementia Donna Hales and a team of dedicated staff with a number of relevant health care qualifications. The home is also in the process of submitting their Gold Standards Framework accreditation (GSF). A framework for implementing improved coordination and better organisation to deliver better outcomes in line with their needs and preferences for people nearing end of life care.
Herons Park Nursing Home is part of Royal Bay Care Homes Ltd. The Group is based in West Sussex and owns a number of Care Homes in Sussex, Dorset, Northamptonshire and Worcestershire. Royal Bay is an expanding group committed to the highest standards of care. It has been operating as a group for some 10 years, and its management team has experience in the care sector since 1976.