BOBs Lobster is looking for a Head Chef to open its new and exciting restaurant in London Bridge. BOB's Lobster is a seafood specialist serving seafood extravagance in a casual and fun setting. Starting life as an award winning food truck and event catering specialist we are excited to be opening a full restaurant in London Bridge just down the road from our affiliated wine bar Bedales of Borough Market. The restaurant, encompassing 60 covers will feature a fast paced, regular changing small plates menu showcasing the best from land and sea; focusing on seasonal and sustainable produce to be paired with an extensive wine list and we are looking for a creative and passionate person to join the team. The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to play a key role in dish creation and development, be able to cook their socks off alongside having the experience to manage a kitchen in a professional and economical way and build and maintain a strong team.
Salary is commensurate with experience alongside bonus performance targets.
- Schedule & manage weekly schedules, prep, orders, and inventory across the the kitchen team and others to execute consistent high standards are maintained.
- P&L accountable ensuring that wages and food costs are kept in line with the companies goals.
- Ensure that standards of hygiene, cleanliness, and safety are followed.
- Monitor food costs, wages, waste, & utensil purchases, and make necessary changes to meet the kitchens financial targets.
- Alongside the executive chef; menu development and delegation of duties for all events that relate to the kitchen.
- Train & record techniques and recipes to deliver a consistent high quality.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel, and discipline employees within the kitchen department.
Furthermore the Head Chef leads by example to train, motivate, teach, and generally uplift each employee regardless of their position. Actively involved with strategizing, creating, and planning menus, events, & standards of service.
Apply for Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly