Live in Nanny required
Dear Nannies, We have a lovely new live in role. Please see below for a full job description. The family are super lovely and are keen to interview in Northamptonshire next week, or can interview in London. They are going to be living in Markyate, Hertfordshire. Details are as follows, please let me know if you are interested. We are looking for someone fun, kind and special to come and look after our two boys (4yrs and 2yrs). We are looking for someone to start mid-March ideally.
We need help Monday - Friday 7.30 - 6.30. We need someone who can be flexible around our work schedules, occasionally covering bedtime and doing 1-2 nights babysitting a week. The ideal nanny will be organised, reliable and proactive. I think one thing to highlight is that my ideal is someone who can work as a team with me - my husband is away a lot and so it is the nanny and i who are the team! I work full time but am self-employed so have a degree of flexibility – it’s been very much give and take with our current nanny as to working patterns etc.
Our boys are loving, well-behaved (on the most part!) who will give the right person a lot of fun and laughter. The eldest will be starting school in September, whilst the youngest will go to nursery at least 2 mornings a week giving our nanny some time to do CPD or child-related chores.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Giving children their breakfast
- Dropping boys at nursery/school and collecting (short drive away).
- Attend play groups/ activities with youngest / play with him.
- Prepare boys lunch
- Do all children’s laundry, keep their bedrooms tidy, clothes organised and beds made.
- A weekly food plan for boys.
- Doing small errands (such as post office/buying milk)
- Fun play/ activities with children both at home (an enjoyment of wooden train track would be an asset!) and also trips during school holidays as appropriate.
- Prepare and give children their tea
- Ensure all communal areas are kept clean and tidy, and children’s toys are organised and sorted
- Start bath/ bed time and put in bed if we aren’t home
- Up to 2 week nights babysitting Salary circa £400 net per week. Driver required and a car can be provided for nanny.
We are moving to a lovely home with a double bedroom and bathroom on a separate floor for the nanny to use. There is a big garden so ideally we would like someone with a love of the outdoors!
We are a fun, happy, busy family and so it is important to us that our nanny is also fun and upbeat and can be a third pair of hands in teaching our children to be kind, caring people with good manners. There may well be opportunities to travel abroad with us during holidays and a possibility of use of a flat in London at weekends. Our new home will only be 25 miles from central London (less than 30 mins on the train) so this, combined with the potential to use our flat in London at weekends, may suit someone who would enjoy the green space during the week but want to return to the bright lights at weekends.
We will need someone with a current First Aid certificate (or be willing to obtain one) and a clean driving licence. Background in childcare with relevant qualifications will be highly preferable.