The pub serves Great British pub cuisine, focusing on fresh & locally sourced ingredients. They are independently owned & has recently been beautifully refurbished and boasts a spacious, comfortable bar area, for relaxed dining, oozing in charm and local heritage.
- Working under an incredibly talented Head Chef who’s eager to transfer his knowledge to the ideal candidate who’s willing to learn
- Creating dishes with locally sourced, and ethically produced ingredients
- Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum dependent on experience
- A share of tronc / tips
The Ideal Candidate
As deputy to the Head Chef, you’ll take full control of the kitchen when they’re away. It’s a great opportunity to make a real impact and prove yourself with the potential to take a step up in the future.
You’ll need to be a talented Sous Chef with passion for fresh food and a love of kitchen camaraderie. You’ll be able to bring the best out in others – and you’ll take immense pride in every successful service.
- Passion for detail and presentation
- Ideal next step for a Junior Sous Chef with at least 2 years’ experience
- An extensive knowledge of seasonal produce and cooking techniques
- Is understanding of food costs and selling costs in order to achieve agreed GP%
- Has strong leadership skills in order to lead and motivate the team
- Has excellent communication skills to lead the brigade and negotiate with suppliers
- You must thrive under pressure
If you would like more information about the roles or you would like to be one of the first to apply, then please submit your CV to us via the advert or do not hesitate to call the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Carl or Graham.
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted - Thank you for your application.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly