Our lovely expanding nursery is looking for an Early Years Practitioner to provide a high standard of care for children in the setting and to join our existing friendly and professional team.
We would like potential practitioners to have previous experience of working in a nursery setting and a good understanding of the EYFS, with a minimum relevant Level 3 qualification.
All positions will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references.
We are term time only and have a full time vacancy 8.00am-3.30pm Monday - Friday.
Please contact us for a job description, application form and further information.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help to set up different areas of the nursery to provide exciting and stimulating activities for children aged 2-5 years.
- Plan & carry out activities based on the children's interests
- Be involved in planning and writing observations in line with EYFS
- Supporting children with EAL
- Reading and telling stories to groups of children
- Helping children to concentrate and complete activities
- Developing a good working relationship with all nursery staff & establish common aims and expectations
- Helping to prepare nursery for each session and tidying up after use
- Attend regular staff meetings and training
- To provide regular feedback about the children to the nursery manager and to parents
- To help with preparing food and drink for snack-time
- Caterpillars Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of three years previous experience of working in a nursery setting.
- Experience working with the EYFS
- A minimum of a level 3 childcare qualification
- Employees are offered a Work Based Pension
- Employees have the option of working additional hours during Easter & Summer clubs
- Salary will depend on level of experience and qualification, with an increasing rate and holiday entitlement depending on level of responsibility, length of service and further qualifications.