Community Coordinator, Crowthorne/Finchampstead/Bracknell
How to apply?
Please request an application form and send your completed application form with your CV/resumé by email or post to Nathan Goode at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Social Value Portal, 24 Greville Street, London EC1N 8SS, UK
Application deadline: 1st March 2018
Full-time / Part-time: Part time
Salary: £12,500 - £15,000 per annum (equivalent to £25,000 - £30,000 FTE per annum)
Hours: 20 per week. Flexible. Might suit an individual looking to return to work after a break and or with other weekly commitments (e.g. childcare)
Location: You will be working around the Bracknell / Wokingham area and more specifically in the communities in Crowthorne and Finchampstead. You must be in possession of a valid driving licence with your own car. The job is likely to involve a lot of meetings with local stakeholders and is not a desk-based job. Home-working will be possible when not out meeting people. A hot-desk may be available at LGH in Bracknell. You will also be required to come to the Social Value Portal’s office in London from time to time.
Reports to: Head of Strategy Development and Consulting, the Social Value Portal
Legal & General Homes (“LGH”) is the housebuilding arm of Legal & General Capital (LGC), the early-stage investment arm of the Legal & General Group. Its aim is to establish itself as the leading provider of top quality homes and first-class customer service in the UK housing sector. It is also proud to be the first housebuilder to embed the principle of social value into its business as part of its commitment to making a positive contribution to the local communities that it joins.
This role is about making that commitment to local communities real, in the Crowthorne and Finchampstead areas.
LGH has commissioned the Social Value Portal (“SVP”) to help develop its social value strategy and manage its social value and community engagement initiatives relating to the developments at Buckler’s Park in Crowthorne, and at nearby Finchampstead. SVP is a London-based consultancy and Software as a Service (SaaS) business which works with public and private sector clients across the UK to help them measure and deliver social value and benefits to local communities. It has a toolkit of a user-friendly, online products and also provides strategic advice and consultancy support to its clients.
LGH, with the Social Value Portal, is developing exciting and innovative new approaches to supporting communities through its developments. At the heart of its approach is this role of Community Liaison Officer, who will build strong local relationships and networks, and help LGH and its supply chain deliver its social value promises in a way that best benefits local communities.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
This role involves working closely with Legal and General Homes at Buckler’s Park, Crowthorne and Finchampstead, getting out and about, visiting the sites, talking to the supply chain, and building relationships with communities and key organisations in the community, such as schools and colleges, faith groups, parish and district councils and local trade organisations.
A good knowledge of the local area will be very helpful, but most important is the ability to create and maintain great business and community relationships, as demonstrated by your previous experience.
LGH and the Social Value Portal have developed a comprehensive Social Value Policy and a system for reporting and monitoring social value activities. Community engagement has already taken place during the development of Buckler’s Park, resulting in the development of a community “charter” and a number of strong links into the local community. The CLO’s role will be to build on this initial work to help deliver a sustainable programme of community benefit.
You will be working closely with both the L&G Homes team and with the Social Value Portal. The expectation is that you will develop and sustain a strong local network through regular meetings with stakeholders.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage community consultation including workshops and surveys
- Engage with local community stakeholders and help develop ways of delivering identified community needs and developing social value opportunities within the framework of the social value “offer” from LGH and its supply chain
- Coordinate ongoing dialogue and engagement between LGH and its supply chain and the local community with respect to community projects, recruitment, apprenticeships, and support for local businesses.
- Develop Community Engagement Plans for each site and others as they arise
- Record social value activities and prepare and write case studies highlighting good practice
- Coordinate volunteering time, donations and project days during construction and after properties are occupied.
- Identify and unlock any blockages or communication challenges obstructing the delivery of social value
- Meet regularly and work with key supply chain representatives to ensure that their social value commitments and activities remain aligned with community needs.
- Collect relevant data, manage and monitor delivery of social value targets.
- Work experience in a similar field
- Social Media Management
- Highly capable in stakeholder engagement, including internal/external communications and reputation management
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing and influence key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A self-starter and personable
- Good project management skills
- Ability to proactively manage own workload and identify new opportunities
- Ability to write case studies and reports as required to highlight good practice
- Data management and solid IT skills
- Must be in possession of a full, valid driving licence with access to a car