Care Assistant/Carer - Bromley Nursing Homes - £7.86 to 8.12 ph [Plus £1.40 ph weekend premium]
Mission Care has had the privilege of providing residential and nursing care to vulnerable adults in South London for over 110 years. Today we have five homes, four in the London Borough of Bromley, and one in Southwark and pride ourselves on providing exceptional person-centred care to all of our residents.
We now have exciting opportunities for Care Assistants to join our team.
Summary of duties:
Care Assistants work as part of a team providing quality physical, emotional and spiritual support to our residents as well as contributing to the efficient running of the home. Duties will include:
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
- Contributing to residents’ care plans, with a demonstrable understanding of holistic care
- Building effective relationships with relatives and next of kin in order to fully support the delivery of high quality care to residents
To be considered for this post, you will ideally have an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or a Care Certificate. Previous experience working in a nursing home environment with an understanding of dementia is also beneficial. Above all, a positive, can-do attitude is essential.
As a Care Assistant, you will have a genuine passion and desire to work with the elderly and those living with dementia. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be person-centred in your approach to residents.
In return for your hard work, we will offer you the following
- Comprehensive learning and development programme
- Paid Breaks depending on length of shift
- Pay Reviews
- Paid DBS Check (upon successful completion of a 3 month probationary period)
- Weekend and Bank Holiday pay enhancements
- Pension scheme enrolment
- Generous referral scheme
Caring for the elderly is a rewarding career – apply today to join our dedicated team!
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants, only suitable candidates will be contacted.