Domiciliary Care Support Worker - Home & Community
Do you have experience of supporting adults with learning difficulties?
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabare Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We are looking for a dedicated Domiciliary Care Support Workers. This position calls for a flexible approach and will involve the delivery of all aspects of Care promoting independence whilst ensuring their dignity and at all times, Support aimed at assisting clients to maintain their accommodation, enabling a fulfilling a life.
Objectives of this role are to support service users in their accommodation. To ensure they remain safe and secure in their own homes. Encourage service users to do as much as possible for themselves in order to maintain healthy and be independent.
Full Time hours are available with a salary of £16,477 to £17,004 PA. Sleepovers are paid at a rate of £38.00 per night. We are also looking for part time hours and relief hours which are paid between £8.45 and £8.72 per hour.
All applicants are required to be flexible, working on a shift rota pattern including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 19th February 2018.
Care Support Worker Main Responsibilities:
- Support/Care directed by a specific funded support agreement which has been assessed by social care managers, client and their families and Alabaré.
- To manage your own case load of service users and be active in the planning and implementation of care in conjunction with and supported by Team Leader.
- To provide practical support to management including specific areas of administration and record keeping relating to the statutory requirements.
- To support clients in their life choices including day opportunities, leisure activities and provide support to participate in activities.
- To assist with practical social care tasks in the home, menu planning, cooking, shopping and budgeting, money management, benefit claims and accommodation sustainment.
- To support and assist, where necessary, in the provision of a client's personal care needs and prompting of medication
Support Worker | Care Worker | Key Worker | Housing Support | Domiciliary Care | Supported Living | Learning Difficulties | Care Plans
- Understanding and knowledge of adults with learning difficulties.
- Good Knowledge of preparing Risk Assessments and Care plans.
- To be able to cover on a flexible rota, to include some evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays and sleep-ins.
- Keen and self-motivated attitude.
- Ability to support the Homes manager and team, to ensure maintenance records required by government legislation are upheld and in date, e.g. fire records, health and safety, COSHH, medication and clients files.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Encourage the clients to work towards achieving their goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small staff team.
- Good time keeping required.
- Car Driver and use of own car.
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be subject an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Domiciliary Care Support Worker - Home & Community
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly