KP | KITCHEN PORTER in one of Britain's most beautiful spots | family-run hotel | live-in
The Isle of Jura is a beautiful location to work, save and gain invaluable experience in a professional yet laid-back atmosphere. Only 200 people live here (along with 6000 red deer) but the sense of community is strong and those spending a season here quickly find themselves part of the fabric of the island.
The Jura Hotel is the only hotel on the island and is also home to the island's only pub. While the island is a peaceful, tranquil retreat for its visitors, the hotel gets very busy in the summer and our 25-strong team works hard to look after visitors staying in the hotel and visiting the island - up to 80/100 covers a night in busy periods.
We are looking for a KP to support our team of chefs through the busy summer season.
- Washing crockery, cutlery and pots in the hotel kitchen
- Food prep as required by the chefs
- Responsibility for carrying out and recording daily temperature checks
- Receiving and storing food deliveries and stock rotation
- Cleaning and maintaining kitchen equipment
- Helping to set up for events
- Helping with log supply for biomass boiler by feeding boiler and splitting logs
- Working as part of wider team to deliver hotel objectives e.g. maintenance program
You must be full of energy, have a can-do attitude and be happiest when busy. Experience in a similar role is preferable. You must work at pace, have high standards and a sunny disposition - there is lots of washing up to do so this isn't a role for moaners!
This is a seasonal role starting 20th March 2018 until mid/end October 2018.
Low-cost accommodation is provided in the staff quarters of the hotel. Fluent English, an NI number and UK bank account are essential (although the latter two can be arranged when you’re here).
We also have accommodation for couples so if you have a partner interested in a role as housekeeper, GA or commis chef they might wish to apply too. With all applications please include: photo; potential start / finish dates; CV.