HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR in one of Britain's most beautiful spots | family-run hotel | live-in
The Isle of Jura is a beautiful location to work, save and gain invaluable experience in a professional yet laid-back atmosphere. Only 200 people live here (along with 6000 red deer) but the sense of community is strong and those spending a season here quickly find themselves part of the fabric of the island.
The Jura Hotel is the only hotel on the island and is also home to the island's only pub. While the island is a peaceful, tranquil retreat for its visitors, the hotel gets very busy in the summer and our 25-strong team works hard to look after visitors staying in our seventeen bedrooms.
We are looking for a housekeeping supervisor to lead our team of three and also to help out with some waiting when the schedule allows.
- Taking responsibility for the standards of the housekeeping team: leading the other housekeepers; organising, training and motivating the team; and work as part of the hotel’s senior team to deliver wider business aims
- Daily housekeeping as well as deep cleaning of the hotel and preparation of staff accommodation for new arrivals
- Organising the working schedule to ensure all business requirements are met and that the workload is achievable and evenly and fairly spread
- Ordering supplies; identifying equipment needs
- Identifying and reporting maintenance issues and requirements
- Breakfast waiting shifts approximately twice a week
You must be full of energy, have a can-do attitude and be happiest when busy. You must have some experience of leading a team and have commercial housekeeping experience gained in a similar environment. You must have meticulous standards, work at pace and be able to motivate others.
This is ideally a permanent role starting early March 2018. The hotel is very quiet in winter so the role would best suit someone interested in broadening their experience during the low season, either by working in the pub or doing decorating in the hotel. If the role is interesting to you only in a seasonal capacity, please still apply. The earliest finish date is 31st October 2018.
Low-cost accommodation is provided in the staff quarters of the hotel. Fluent English, an NI number and UK bank account are essential (although the latter two can be arranged when you’re here).
We also have accommodation for couples so if you have a partner interested in bar/waiting, KP, commis chef or maintenance, they might wish to apply too. With all applications please include: photo; potential start / finish dates; CV.
Apply for HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR in one of Britain's most beautiful spots | family-run hotel | live-in
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly