Care Worker for the Elderly
Bright Care is actively hiring around greater Glasgow, Renfrewshire and Ayrshire, for enthusiastic individuals who would thrive on providing fantastic care and service to our elderly clients.
In this role as Companion Care Worker you will be expected to provide Care and Companionship for our elderly clients in their own homes, through visits of minimum 2 hours.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Assisting Clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toileting)
- Providing friendly companionship
- Helping Clients with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking)
- Going on outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments)
- Supporting Clients with taking their medication
- Writing daily reports
- Experience in caring for others is highly valued, whether in a professional or informal capacity.
- Life experience essential
- A positive attitude, patience, good communication skills and a genuinely warm personality.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations.
- Driving Licence and own transport are essential
We would require you to be willing to occasionally work some evenings and willing to share some weekend duties (Sat or Sun) – not every weekend
If you are retired and looking for a meaningful part-time role, if you are looking to return to work after raising a family, if you are looking for a career change, this might be a great opportunity for you too!
- Visits of minimum 2 hours (no pop-in visits) and regular weekly working pattern
- Private Clients only, no contracts with local authorities
- Travel Expenses and paid travel time between Clients
- Accrued paid holidays
- Opportunity for SCQF (former SVQ) qualifications and Career Development
- 3-Day Training Course + e-learning + ongoing training and support
- Advertised rates of pay apply after successful completion of 3-month probationary period
Bright Care is a family run in-home care provider for the elderly with a focus on providing quality care and companionship. With branches in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perthshire, Stirlingshire and the Scottish Borders, we specialise in working with self-funding families who are looking for an alternative or top-up to statutory services.
How to apply
If you think this role is for you, please click on ‘Apply’ to fill in our online application form.
Alternatively, if you have any questions about what it looks and feels like to work in our growing organisation, please do not hesitate to get in touch by calling Elisa, our Recruitment Coordinator on 07874 873 294 (Mon to Thurs, 10.00 am to 4.00 pm).