Live in Carer
In this role as Live in Carer you will be expected to provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in their own homes. Live-in work is a service provided for clients who need someone to live with them all the time, to support them throughout the day and sometimes at night.
You will be working in a small Team of 2 or 3 Carers around 1 Client (usually on a 1 Week on / 1 Week off rota).
Living with someone requires a special commitment to being patient, helpful, considerate, attentive and understanding.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Assisting Clients with personal care (getting up, washed, dressed, toileting)
- Helping Clients with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking)
- Going on outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments)
- Providing friendly companionship
- Supporting Clients with taking their medication
- Writing daily reports
- Experience in caring for others is essential, whether in a professional or informal capacity.
- Life experience essential
- A positive attitude, patience, good communication skills and a genuinely warm personality.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and professional approach to situations.
- Driving Licence and own transport are highly beneficial (essential in some locations)
If you are retired and looking for a meaningful part-time role, if you are looking to return to work after raising a family, if you are looking for a career change, this might be a great opportunity for you too!
- 3 Day Training Course + e-learning + ongoing training and support
- Contribution towards Travel Expenses to/from Client’s house
- Accrued paid holidays
- Opportunity for SCQF (former SVQ) qualifications and Career Development
- If required, we can provide affordable accommodation in between placements
- Advertised rates apply after successful completion of 3 month probationary period
Bright Care is a family run in-home care provider for the elderly with a focus on providing quality care and companionship. With branches in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perthshire, Stirlingshire and the Scottish Borders, we specialise in working with self-funding families who are looking for an alternative or top-up to statutory services.
How to apply
If you think this role is for you, please click on ‘Apply’ to fill in our online application form.
Alternatively, if you have any questions about what it looks and feels like to work in our growing organisation, please do not hesitate to get in touch via by calling Elisa, our Recruitment Coordinator on 07874 873 294 (Mon to Thurs, 10.00 am to 4.00 pm).