Part time BOOK KEEPER for a busy, fun and ethical online Fashion business
BOOK KEEPING CONSULTANT
START DATE: February 2018
HOURS: Part time 2 days a week
SALARY: £13,000-£15,000 for 2 days work ,depending on experience
LOCATION: Battersea, London
Apply by January 2nd to Lucy on firstname.lastname@example.org , please include a covering letter and your C.V.
Aspiga is a luxury beachwear, and accessories brand, selling stylish and individual pieces that are ethically sourced (and are committed to helping fight poverty through trade). We are both an ecommerce retailer and we also wholesale our brand to small stockists around the world. Designed in the UK, and hand-made in Africa and India, the ASPIGA collection includes beautiful leather beaded sandals and ballerinas, cork wedges, belts and clutch bags, jewellery, clothing and beachwear.
The business is steadily growing with a turnover of over £1 million and with a forecast of over £2 million in the next few years.
THE ROLE: To carry out the book keeping for Aspiga Ltd
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer printouts
· Allocate and post financial transaction details to accounting system
· Reconcile and balance all accounts
· Draw up and update monthly Cash flow reports
· Draw up quarterly financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet and cashflow)
· Collate and analyse account data and generate financial reports
· Track and maintain inventory records
· Maintain internal control systems
· Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Prepare checks, payments and bank deposits
· Prepare and process payroll
· Comply with relevant reporting requirements
· Calculate and prepare tax payments (VAT / Taxes & NI)
· Assist with budget preparation
· Liaise with Accountants and help with Audit.
· maintain complete filing system to support financial records
· Over see the purchase Ledger / accounts assistant
Education and Experience
· Knowledge of bookkeeping practices (preferably in the Retail Sector )
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
· Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements including
· Working knowledge of relevant computer applications
· Knowledge of data management and financial data analysis
· AAT, finance or business degree an advantage
· Experience with important
· Bookkeeping experience minimum 5 years
· Knowledge of Brightpearl would be helpful but not essentital.
Detailed work breakdown
- Over seeing the Accounts Payable (which will be done by a part time accounts clerk)
- Processing accounts payable basically means you enter invoices into accounting software and run checks to pay the bills. However, there are several steps involved. Bookkeepers often issue or monitor purchase orders and match them with invoices when they are received. They then code the invoices with the proper general ledger information and obtain approval for payment. Bookkeepers check to pay the invoices and ensure bills are paid in a timely manner. Accounts payable might also include making credit card payments to vendors and maintaining a petty cash account
- Employee time sheets, where applicable, are collected by a bookkeeper and entered into the payroll accounting system. A bookkeeper can process and run payroll checks in-house or send reports to an outside payroll processing service that prints the checque for the company. Payroll duties might include monitoring payments to salaried employees, reconciling and paying commissions, reimbursing employee expense.
- Bookkeepers prepare bank deposits of payments received from customers and other sources, then enter the payments into the accounts receivable system. They reconcile the company's monthly bank statements, researching and correcting any discrepancies. If a company receives credit card payments, those accounts are also reconciled and monitored. A bookkeeper might also handle BACS paymentss.
· General Ledger
- Some bookkeepers enter information into and reconcile basic general ledger accounts. For the most part, however, detailed journal entries and year-end reconciliation are done by CA firm. General ledger accounts typically maintained by a bookkeeper include inventory and overhead accounts. Bookkeepers often run a general ledger trial balance at the end of the month prior to closing the books to ensure accounts are balanced.
- Monthly and quarterly tax returns are often prepared by a bookkeeper Bookkeepers file monthly & quarterly taxes and returns, various payroll tax reports.
- . Bookkeepers run regular reports for MD or management to keep them apprised of cash flow, budgeting and other vital financial matters. They also provide requested documentation for auditors.
Candidates should have
· Proven bookkeeping experience
· Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
· Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
· Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
· Proficiency in English and in MS Office
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability work under pressure