Care Navigator Shepway
Family Mosaic has an exciting opportunity for a Care Navigator Shepway to join the team to cover the Shepway area in Kent. You will be there on a full time, permanent basis, and you will be offered a competitive salary of £19,250 per annum.
Working as a community service you will have experience and knowledge of supporting customers to identify their needs and reach resolution through a person centred planning approach.
As our Care Navigator Shepway, you will have demonstrable knowledge and awareness of products, solutions and information on related services provided by the statutory and voluntary sector to include but not limited to; Welfare Benefits, Care services provisions, Hone maintenance, Housing choices, Safety within the home, Adaptions and equipment.
This role covers the area Folkestone, Hythe and Romney marsh area, Please note you will need access to a car or other independent means of transport.
Responsibilities of our Care Navigator Shepway:
- Function as a community resource that has specialist knowledge in regards to the community’s services and initiatives
- Look into issues raised by individuals, help to plan the best way forward to enable them to make choices about possible solutions to remain living independently within the community
- Link individuals into statutory, voluntary and private services where appropriate and necessary
- Engage with individuals wishing to make positive changes to their health or wellbeing by offering practical support around behavioural change
- Be able to provide up to date knowledge of local community resources and services and to support people to integrate with their local community
The ideal Care Navigator Shepway will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of vulnerable people
- Providing support to the designated client group either in a volunteering or professional role
- The ability to access appropriate resources for evidence-based practice
- Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity and a genuine desire to help people with disabilities and/or support needs
- Ability to travel across a wide geographical area in a timely and flexible manner
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Care Navigator Shepway then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 04/03/18