We are looking for an experience Salon Manager and Senior Stylist who can not only run and support a well established Salon & Spa business of 15yrs, but also a dedicated team of Stylists and Therapists. The right applicant has to be not only a fantastic Stylist, but great with people, giving the 'love' with Guest Services to People Management. As an established salon, our guests and their happiness is paramount to continuing on with our success. Being able to introduce new ideas, clientele and services will additionally be important to our continued growth.
We have a strong education system, from Salon Assistants to Managers, ensuring we continue to help you grow professionally, technically and creatively.
Minimum Experience within industry: 5yrs
This position is responsible for operating the salon to its highest potential and ensuring the team are providing the highest quality services. This role is ideally suited for a Senior Stylist who is able to perform hair services as well as run the salon.
- To ensure the salon is running smoothly on a daily basis, that all daily tasks and checklists for the salon to operate is met.
- Effectively provide the highest level of customer services and handle guest queries using the recommended process.
- To be able to motivate and inspire the team to enhance working relationships, hit their targets and goals. To provide constructive feedback and offer methods to improve service and sales.
- To ensure all staff are following the Gina Conway Service Wheel and providing excellent service to guests using the Aveda and GC brand philosophy.
- Monitors inventory levels and ensures an appropriate and adequate supply of Professional and Retail products are available to meet salon needs.
- Completes all required reports accurately, assuring that they are readable and timely.
- Follows and reinforces proper professional image and appearance standards.
- Prepares salon meetings; presents ideas, salon information and technical information.
- To be able to analyse and provide solutions for the business to maximize on profits and retain customers.
- Strong focus on guest service and willingness to go the extra mile for the guest and the team.
- Ability to effectively explain and represent the Aveda and GC brand/concept.
- Excellent role model in appearance, commitment and attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to a wide range of people; ability to effectively handle guest complaints.
- Ability to maintain records, interpret and follow all policies/procedures.
- Ability to teach, train and evaluate Gina Conway methods.
- Ability to effectively supervise employees.
- Ability to multi task, work on your feet and provide services to GC guests.
Previous Salon and or Spa managerial Experience essential.
- Would ideally like the candidate to have Aveda product knowledge.
- It is ideal that the candidate has either Reception experience and is familiar with a computer based booking system
- It is essential that the candidate is a Senior Stylist who cuts and colours.
- Good to excellent level of Maths and English skills essential for emails, financial reports and external and internal communications.
- Good to excellent level of computer skills, inclusive of Word and Excel programs.