Learning And Development General Manager
Are you looking for a new, bigger more exciting challenge?
Opportunities like this don't come around too often, so you will need to be willing to give everything that you have got to make it happen and succeed?
Working with internationally recognised and market-leading brands, this role will push you to your limits and enable you to grow in capability and confidence.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to become a Learning Centre General Manager, so you will be an energetic and enthusiastic self-starter.
As the General Manager of the Learning Centre you will be responsible for the operational provision of training ensuring customer service levels are maintained throughout and ensure we achieve our key objectives. Key elements will include:
- Process Ownership for the operations of Learning Centre and In-House training.
- Lead and develop the Training team.
- Responsibility for effective running of open and in-house training courses ensuring high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Accountable for the business development, sales growth and sales forecasting of Industry Forum's Training services.
- Lead Marketing activities for Training offerings by working with technical experts and the Marketing department to drive sales opportunities.
- Provide thought leadership on the most advanced learning strategies, tools, techniques and development processes. Work with subject matter experts to ensure the creation of new training materials meet the highest standards and reflect the latest thinking in training practices.
- Ensure training offerings are aligned with the latest thinking on National and International educational standards - i.e. Apprenticeships, NVQ, and CPD.
- Develop and build client relationships across multiple sectors with a variety of different stakeholders
- Oversee the implementation and management of software platforms and processes to optimise client interaction through platforms.
- In conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team develop and implement the strategy and long-term growth plan for Training services in line with the overall company objectives and strategy.
- Management and development of overseas Licensees, ensuring appropriate Quality Assurance of their performance.
- NVQ Assessment Centre Manager
Learning And Development | General Manager | Learning | Development | L&D manager | L&D
- A learning industry qualification (e.g. CIPD, TAP) is desirable
- Relevant industrial experience as an educational learning management professional.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and the ability to work with business, industry associations, Government departments and other stakeholder bodies and professional institutions.
- Understanding of blended learning solutions, particularly eLearning packages.
- Strong background and working knowledge of NVQs, Apprenticeships, CPD and other National and International educational frameworks
- It is essential to have a strong customer focus, with attention on quality, delivery and customer service.
- Proven track record of marketing and sales performance in a training business.
- Excellent understanding of psychological aspects of learning and training and applying this understanding to the structuring, content, medium and delivery of effective training.
- A high degree of personal presence and strong influencing skills.
- Good intellect, capable of assimilating the required information, in order to determine and define correct actions to achieve business goals and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to integrate with a distributed workforce across an international network and connect with customers both in UK and internationally.
- Strong team ethos, combined with the enthusiasm to be interested in all aspects of the business.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with ability to work under pressure, with strong levels of financial acumen.
- Able to work flexible hours and travel when required.
As a leading provider of specialist expert consultancy and training to manufacturing organisations, we deliver our services both in the UK and overseas. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) and has been delivering organisational and personal improvement programmes for nearly 20 years, across many different industries.
Being based in Birmingham provides a convenient location for our open course training, however, our consultants will typically spend a significant amount of their time at client premises, both in the UK and overseas.
Everyone in our team is actively encouraged to play their part in the development of the organisation and we follow our values of Professionalism, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation and Passion. We are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Silver award in 2017 and follows a Quality Management System aligned to ISO9001.
Industry Forum is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.