Salary: Up to £23k - £25k per annum
Name of Site: The Walrus
Experience required: 2 years
The Walrus is a new business in the heart of Brighton coming to the end of it's first year. The Walrus draws a mix of locals, city visitors, large amounts of hospitality staff and University students offering a diverse working environment were every day is different. We are looking for an experienced Bar Manager looking for a change of pace or an opportunity to make their mark in the company.
There's something for everyone at The Walrus with good food, live music, sports, and private events.
What’s in it for You:
- An opportunity to make your mark and develop yourself.
- A great energetic and friendly support team and interesting range of customers.
- On the Job Training from customer service to cellar management, back of house and food.
- Opportunity for career development and promotion
- Tronc percentage monthly.
- 50% food and 20% drink in all City Pub Co sites
Role & Responsibilities:
- Cellar Management
- Cash Handling & Reconciliation
- Ordering & Stock Control
- Good communication with the General Manager
- Events planning
- Maintaining high standards.
- Delegating and continued training of the Supervisor and staff.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets & budgeting would be an advantage.
- Management of the business while the GM is away.
- Desire to work in a busy night time economy.
- Be flexible about when you can work.
- This is a very hands on, customer facing role, so you must expect to be on the front lines most of your day.
- Customer driven and enjoy engaging with customers & cultivating relationships within a community.
- It is essential that candidates have a proven ability to run extremely busy bar shifts.
- Ability to motivate and manage a new team.
- A positive outlook and the confidence to take the initiative.
- Bring your own ideas to the table and be able to implement them.
- Sound knowledge of wines, spirits, beers and ales.
- Be up to speed and efficient on all the basic skills – stock management, beer quality, back of house systems etc.
- The confidence & ability to deal with and defuse aggravated situations.
- A passion for sport would be an advantage.
- Operated by the award-winning City Pub Group, ranked in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100.
- We are a young, growing, vibrant and independent company that believes in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- This is a great opportunity get into an expanding, friendly and Spirited Team where there are genuine opportunities for clear career progression.
If you wish to apply, please forward your CV together with a Covering Letter setting out why you should be considered for this fantastic opportunity. (Please don't send a generic cover letter, they don't impress us)
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Walrus team