Carers (day and night) for busy nursing home
Field House is a nursing home for the elderly within the Bristol Care Homes Group. We provide top quality care for 54 elderly people at our purpose built home in Horfield.
You will be responsible to our Nurse Manager and accountable to the senior nurse in charge during each shift, and your duties will include:
- Providing personal care to our male and female residents, and attending to all aspects of their needs.
- Participating in nursing procedures to assist our nursing staff
- Maintaining the dignity and privacy of residents and respecting their individual needs
- Participating and assisting in assessments of care needs and the implementation and evaluation of programmes of care
- Assisting with serving meals and drinks
- Assisting with any other tasks as requested to ensure the smooth running of the home
- Attending and participation in orientation, mandatory and other training as required
Although we may consider applicants without qualifications or experience, the following would be an advantage:
- Experience of working with the elderly, preferably in a care home environment
- NVQ2 in health and social care or equivalent.
Please telephone or e-mail for a standard application form, which all applicants are required to complete.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Bristol Care Homes and its subsidiary companies are Equal Opportunities Employers, and do not discriminate against individuals on the grounds of race, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.