Maintenance person for busy care home (12 hours)
Field House is a nursing home for the elderly within the Bristol Care Homes Group. We provide top quality care for 54 elderly people at our purpose built home in Horfield.
We are seeking a person with good DIY skills to join our maintenance team.
You will be responsible to our Operations Manager and your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Property maintenance, including painting and other general repair jobs
- Equipment maintenance
- PAT testing electrical equipment (training provided)
- Carrying out fire alarm tests, legionella tests and dealing with other routine health and safety compliance matters
- Moving and handling equipment and deliveries
- Rubbish disposal
- Generally assisting other staff to ensure the smooth running of the home
- Attending and participating in orientation, manual handling and other training when asked to do so
Experience of working in a similar environment will be useful but not essential. The main requirement is for good DIY/maintenance skills and a willingness to work as part of a busy team.
A reasonable standard of spoken English is expected, as it will be necessary to communicate with our residents.
Please telephone or e-mail for a standard application form, which all applicants are required to complete.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Bristol Care Homes and its subsidiary companies are Equal Opportunities Employers, and do not discriminate against individuals on the grounds of race, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
Apply for Maintenance person for busy care home (12 hours)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly