Laundry assistant in Outstanding Rated care home (18 hours)
Glebe House is a nursing home for the elderly within the Bristol Care Homes Group.
We are seeking a laundry assistant to work in the home’s laundry. There will be opportunities to work other shifts to cover holidays and sickness. This is a temporary post is to cover maternity leave, but it is often the case that we are able to offer permanent employment at a later date.
You will be responsible to our Administration Manager and your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Collection of dirty laundry
- Washing and ironing residents’ clothes, linen and towels
- Delivery of clean laundry around the home
- Being aware of the regulations regarding handling of chemicals and the hazards associated with them.
- Attending and participating in orientation, manual handling and other training when asked to do so
There are no specific qualifications required for this position and full training will be given. A reasonable standard of spoken English is expected, as it will be necessary to communicate with our residents.
Please telephone or e-mail for a standard application form, which all applicants are required to complete.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Bristol Care Homes and its subsidiary companies are Equal Opportunities Employers, and do not discriminate against individuals on the grounds of race, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.