We are looking for someone as quirky as our cafés, with a warped sense of humour, shit chat and prides themselves on both service & coffee excellence.
Started in a former Victorian toilet, the Attendant was dormant for more than fifty years before being lovingly transformed into one of Europe’s most unique espresso & food bar spaces and considered one of the top 10 specialty coffee shops in London.
Bursting onto the scene in 2013, the Attendant has been going from strength to strength. Offering quality service, food menus and specialty coffee; it has fast become a favourite in both its home in Fitzrovia and in our more recent openings within Shoreditch & Clerkenwell.
We are currently looking to recruit baristas & front of house across all of our sites. Our standards are very high; we seek individuals who want to be involved in a young dynamic company and will bring their own passion, enthusiasm and knowledge to the business with the aim of being part of something greater.
We want a team player that will fit in with our ethos on quality, hospitality and customer service. We seek someone who is fast, efficient, consistent and clean. Someone who is particular but still able to serve guests, prepare coffee/ quickly and most importantly build a relationship with our new and current customers.
At Attendant Roastery we believe coffee can be better! We only select green coffee that has a cupping score of 85 and above. We are currently building strong relationships with coffee growers that have amazing products, and who are in turn rewarded for their dedication to quality and consistency.
We believe that each coffee tells its own story. Each is different. Each is Special. A coffee’s flavour is also infused with the place where its grown – local soil, climate, ecosystem, more commonly known as ‘terroir’.
We are able to share this with guests through our roasts, whether you prefer the clarity of a single origin filter or the complexity of an espresso. We roast and judge each cup of coffee on the way it makes us feel & experiences it evokes.
Person Specification Essential to role:
- 1-2 years minimum speciality coffee/hospitality experience
- Must be punctual, with a professional outlook, able to work under own initiative without supervision
- Customer service background with drive and enthusiasm to achieve highest levels of customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Must be an enthusiastic team player and be able to work with other colleagues in a dynamic business
- High energy levels with cheerful disposition and the ability to work under pressure
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and follow company procedures
The small print
- Probationary Period: 6 months
- Full time Hours: 40 - 45 hours a week over 4 -5 shifts per week + occasional evening events
- Cafe core opening hours: Monday – Friday 07.30am – 6.00pm, Saturday 9.00am – 6.00pm, Sunday 9.00am – 6.00pm
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days holiday including bank holidays
We are a small tight knit team so only fun loving, hard working and all round cool cats need apply (an awesome sense of humour isn’t a must, but will definitely help because you need to be able to laugh at our jokes).
Wage based on experience £8-9 p/h + service charge (Increasing wage up to £10.5 ph on average)
Only apply if you have relevant experience. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we will receive for our advertised roles we are not able to contact all candidates directly. Should you not receive a response within 7 days of your application being received please consider that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you like what you have just read and want to join our team. What are you waiting for! – APPLY NOW!!