We are currently looking for full time and part time Kitchen Porters to join our team.
Reporting to the Head Chef and Sous Chef your job role will be to work alongside the kitchen team to ensure that the kitchen is kept clean and tidy at all times. You will assist the chefs in opening the kitchen in the morning, closing it as night, and will have some basic food preparation duties. You will be required to undertake Food Hygiene training and understand good kitchen practices. We have a strong history of providing progression in this role.
The Grove Pub, Dining Room and Garden is situated on leafy Maple Road in Surbiton, an area often referred to as “Surbiton Village”, due to its wealth of independent shops, eateries and restaurants. A stone’s throw from the Thames and pleasant walk along the river from Kingston Upon Thames, The Grove has a 250 cover “secret” beer garden that provides an oasis of calm away from the hustle and bustle of weekend life. Serviced by it’s own outside bar, the garden also features an al fresco dining terrace, where table service is offered Friday evening, Saturday lunch and dinner and Sunday lunch (all depending on the weather of course). This is complemented by an 80 cover restaurant and a spacious bar area, making the Grove perfect for any occasion.
- An interest in learning about kitchen work and the ability to follow instructions and training precisely.
- Good spoken English and sufficient written English to complete basic training.
- A strong work ethic, punctuality and reliability.
- Enthusiasm for working as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work changing shifts, evenings and weekends
This is an excellent opportunity to begin a career in kitchen work with a well respected company where there is always the opportunity to progress.
Don’t forget that as part of our team, Metropolitan pubs offer:
- Comprehensive training throughout all aspects of the industry
- A companywide benefits system that lets you save money on purchases from hundreds of household name businesses
- Over 4 weeks paid holiday per year
- Regular incentives and bonus schemes
- Extremely competitive rates of pay
Please reply with your CV and specify the position you are applying for.
Positions available immediately
All candidates must provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK along with and relevant supporting qualifications. The Grove is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high number of applicants we receive sadly we cannot reply to everyone, therefore if you do not hear back from us within 5 days please assume you have been unsuccessful this time.
Apply for Kitchen Porter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly