Personal Assistant to Young Disabled Professional
Application Deadline: Sunday, 11th of February, 11:59PM
Interviews will tentatively be being held the 13th and 15th.
The employer is a 31 year-old man with Cerebral Palsy who lives with his wife and dog in the Shawlands area of Glasgow. He works for a Glasgow based charity and has a number of additional roles. He is also in the final stages of completing his PhD at the University of Glasgow.
The position is for 30 hours a week Wednesday to Friday (days can be subject to change) and the rate of pay is £9.85 per hour.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Assist in his role as a Senior Policy Officer at Glasgow based charity, this involves typing, scribing, taking minutes in meetings, some travel throughout the year that may include overnights.
- Supporting him with drinking and eating throughout the day, this involves preparing meals and feeding.
- General housekeeping, cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, food shopping and some occasional DIY.
- Supporting him in social settings.
Qualifications and Skills
For this role you will need:
- To be comfortable in providing one- to-one support including feeding and some dressing.
- To be able to fit into an office environment and to offer support in a discreet manner.
- To be able to maintain confidentiality between your employer and their work.
- To be well organised and sufficient with writing and admin.
- To be competent at food preparation and cooking.
- Must be comfortable with dogs.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to work on their own and use their initiative.
- Able to adapt to different situations.
- Able to maintain professionalism.
- Friendly and social.
- Discrete and non-invasive.
- This position is pensioned.
- 5.6 weeks of holiday per year.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £9.85 /hour
Apply for Personal Assistant to Young Disabled Professional
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly