Bookkeeper | Accountancy Practice in Edgware, London
We are looking for a bright, pro-active bookkeeper for a role in a busy team handling various clients. The role offers challenge, variety and autonomy as well as long-term job security.
You will have the chance to work within our client’s businesses and play an integral part in their day-to-day operations, making this the ideal role in which to really make your mark.
We are looking for a professional and detail-oriented person who has excellent organisational and planning skills. A collaborative approach and positive, ‘can do’ attitude are also key.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Multiple email box management, daily communication, managing conversations
- Sales order to payment process:
- Raising/entering sales invoices and credit notes
- Understanding and applying domestic and export VAT rules for sales
- Entering bank receipts and refunds
- Allocating payments received
- Basic debt collection procedures
- Purchase order to payment process:
- Obtaining approval for invoices to be paid
- Entering purchase/expense invoices
- Preparing invoices for payment
- Entering bank payments
- Preparing payment remittances and allocating payments
- Entering and reconciling company bank accounts and credit cards
- Reconciling sales ledger stock/sales management software to accounting software
- Assisting account manager with preparation of VAT Returns
- Providing reports to clients and internally
- Maintain schedules on excel to support accounting software
- Identifying gaps in client data and procedures and suggesting improvements
- Managing time and workload to ensure all team and individual deliverables are met
- Undertaking ad hoc administrative functions as required
- Filing records at our office and client premises
- Attend meetings and carry out work off site (locally) when required
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be responsible for delivering excellent client care
- Have good written and oral communication for obtaining and delivering information to clients, colleagues and third parties
- Be able to work efficiently and accurately without supervision
- Be able to organise workload and keep clients and account managers updated of progress, queries and concerns
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of invoicing and/or accountancy practice software would be of advantage
- Have basic knowledge of VAT
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality
Experience of assisting businesses with the accounts receivable and/or accounts payable process and VAT would be an advantage. Good IT skills on Microsoft Office packages is essential.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Market salary subject to skills and experience.
Reporting to: Client accounting team
Working hours: 9am to 5:30pm
Apply for Bookkeeper | Accountancy Practice in Edgware, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly